Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Menu Plan Tuesday

Because I got slack and forgot to do it yesterday ;)

Well, tonight we had savoury mince, with bread on the side, for those who wanted it, because I had run out of potatoes, and didn't want to cook either pasta or rice. And I forgot to defrost the mince, which is why it was savoury mince, not meatballs. So... For the rest of the week.

Wednesday - Chicken Normandy. Trying again with this one - I got into a rush, and fell back on a recipe I knew.
Thursday - Meatball Parmigiana. Trying again with this one. Again with the rushing and not doing.
Friday - Tuna Casserole (because we didn't end up having it last week.) I love this dish, although making it on a regular basis means that I am now (seemingly) incapable of making a small amount of white sauce. But how easier can you get? White sauce, large tin each of tuna, corn and potato, 6 diced hard boiled eggs, diced onion, and cheese. Saute the onion in the butter used for the white sauce, make the sauce, add the tinned stuff, add the eggs, add the cheese, and you're done. And so yummy.
Saturday - Chicken Geneva. Devestatingly simple, and the children lapped it up. Dice onion, carrot, celery and ham, and saute in butter. The recipe said to dredge the chicken breasts in flour and pan fry, but instead I sliced them thinly (because I'm using 2 breasts for 5 people) and just pan fry them without the flour. Very quick. Then you place them in a shallow tray, cover with the onion, etc, mix and then top with grated cheese. I happened to have some grated parmesan, which I combined with grated cheddar.
Sunday - Lasagna. I did it with purchased lasagna sheets last week, and I may or may not used the other box this week. Or I may try making it myself. That's why I bought the pasta maker, after all. Oh, and the children voted lasagna Best Meal Ever. Top of the list, and they want it every night. Yeah, right.
Monday - Chicken and Bacon Gravy? Really don't know about this night, which is why I have just put down an oldie. So either this, or Satay Chicken.

Let me know if you want any recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment